Diary – current events.
I want to start again by wishing everybody around the world, my hopes, and prayers through this difficult time. It is about thinking of our loved ones, the good people around us and of course ourselves. We need to follow the guidelines that have been set out to make this world a better place. We all need to act as we can all be responsible for saving lives and helping health authorities with the outstanding work that they are doing.
The last few weeks again have been exciting. In the previous newsletter, I wanted to ask about the publication of my short stories. The feedback was excellent, and so I got straight to work on these. All short stories are now available on your local Amazon web page for purchase.
After seeing the results and seeing these in print made me realise that this was the right thing to do. As some would be aware, previously, these copies would only be available on e-book. After reviewing the feedback, it raised some interesting points. We all look to where things are going in the future, but some comments were pleasing to read as most do not what certain things to change.
Some of the following points were raised:-
- I do not have an e-book reader, so if the books are only available in this format, I would not be able to read them.
- I always prefer to have the feel of a book in my hand, that will never change.
- I look at a screen all day at work; I don’t want to really be doing that on my journey home. I would purchase the paperback book, but not the download e-book.
- If you made copies on both formats, it would give the reader a choice. It is always nice to have that choice when it comes to reading.
- I am pleased that your print is now on a larger scale, I have poor eyesight, which has helped me no end. I think if you made the print slightly larger and in a book form, this would allow the reader to choose and also be comfortable for those whose eyesight is not as it used to be.
- I prefer both e-book and paperback; it goes with my mood. If I were to purchase another, it would be nice to have the choice.
- If I am sitting at home, I prefer to have a good book in my hand, when travelling I will use the e-book. It is better for all to have a choice.
These are just some of the points, and it shows that no matter how technically minded the world wants to be, some prefer the good old fashioned standard paperback. Thank you for your feedback on this, which is why I acted on this at the earliest opportunity.
The latest short story “The Stream” is now available on your local Amazon website in other news. It is now available in the e-book and paperback format.
Like any other author, any reviews are appreciated, and some will be added on this website (under reviews). Your feedback is valuable to me.
I will always add these on my monthly news update – Please remember that you can do this by leaving me a message on here or via my Twitter and Goodreads pages. Any contact from my readers will always be welcomed and answered. I am also looking for reviews on Amazon; I would be grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes to do this for me.
My new novel “The Secret” is now complete, and the publishing date will be announced on here and my Twitter page.
I want to thank my family, friends from overseas, Angeline Payot and family for all the help and support with this title. I have so many people to thank you for the incredible support. The support has come from the UK, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, China, USA, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Taiwan, and many more.
Special thanks go to Susan Griffiths, your support has been amazing, Ayee, Ann Hewitt, Steve Gordon and family, Mairish L.Payot, Jenalyn P Anderson, Analie K Payot, Ma. Liza Payot, Arlinda Williamsburg, Julius Quinta, Anamarie Tima, Jenalyn Cabale, Thomas Johnasson, Rune Anderson, Marcicel Johnson, Russell A.Rallos, Leslie Jerneskog, Jhon methyl Tolop, and Maraflor P.Rosinqvist.
The support has been amazing – thank you so much, you guys.
As some will know, where possible, I generally do a great deal of re-tweeting to support fellow authors. If you would like a mention at any point, please forward your requests through this website on the contact menu. Other than that, you can follow me and leave me a message. As always, I would like to thank my friends and followers.
Thank you all again for your support and those who had stuck by me and gave me the support when I needed it the most – you know who you are… I hope you have a fantastic September and that things have improved in the world by the time my November news update is uploaded.
I wish you all – Good Luck, Good Health and Good Fortune.
Please stay safe and let’s all beat this virus together.
Once again… thank you for your incredible support.